Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hamden, Hon!

 Outside of Cafe Hon

Its a beautiful Saturday here in Baltimore so I put on the sunscreen and my friend Mike and I went to Hampden. Hampden is the home of Cafe Hon, Hon Fest, Atomic Books, and were John Waters filmed scenes from Pecker. Its been one of my favorite hang out since I moved here almost 4 years. There are lots of cute clothing and vintage shops, strong DIY indie crafter scene, plus tons of flamingos everywhere. 


I especially wanted to head out there today because Double Dutch Boutique is celebrating there anniversary with 20% off of pretty much everything in the entire store. They even had yummy banana cupcakes and champagne! It was a real treat. Happy Anniversary!




I'm so excited to be going to back to Hampden next month for Honfest! 2 days of food, fun, and big hair! 

 Honfest 2009

 "The term Hon is actually a friendly Baltimore greeting and comes from the word honey. Around here, however, the women who vie to become Baltimore’s Best Hon are a vision of the sixties-era. They are women with beehive hairdos, bright-blue eye shadow, spandex pants and anything with leopard print!" 

Visit Honfest.net for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment