Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Late Night Crafting

Its 1:30 in the AM and I should be in bed. I had a full day at work and got home after 11. I should really be in bed. Instead I'm awake making things. What else is new? Tonight's project was hairclips and pretty brooches.

 These brooches are made of soft jersey cotton tshirts that I bought at the thrift store. Vintage sparkly buttons are in the centers and they are backed with a pin. Wahlaaa! A brooch!








These are the hairclips I made. The actual hairclip part has not been attached to the backs yet, maybe tomorrow. The flowers are made of felt and the centers are tiny black beads. I think they resemble poppies. I love poppies! And I can't wait to wear these in my hair.






I just noticed now that both projects used the same color palette. Totally a coincidence but maybe a good coincidence since I love these colors! I will try to get some sleep now. Tomorrow is thrift store Thursday and I need to be awake to sift through all those racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment