Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Vintage Shoppes

I'm talking about THE Vintage Shoppes, the awesome store right here in Ellicott City. I spend the afternoon on Main Street Ellicott City this past Saturday just walking around admiring all the shop windows and of course browsing the antique shops, trying to find some good deals like usual.

All the good deals are to be had in this one shop. Its described as 'A Shabby Home Decor and Fashion Boutique', but its really way more than just that.  


First of all, they have tons of VINTAGE. Pretty much vintage anything. Housewares, jewelery, furniture, and clothing. Second of all, they offer a variety of handmade stuff (I assume made by indie designers and crafters) which is always a plus in my eyes. Last but not least, EVERYTHING IS AFFORDABLE!!!
                                                                            




I scored these awesome vintage barkcloth curtains ( a total of 4 panels and 2 valances) for only $15!!! The floral pattern on them is gorgeous! I'm still trying to find a good spot for them. Since I just got new curtains for my living room, I didn't necessarily need them, but I couldn't pass them up. I'm thinking I may put them in my kitchen? Not really sure yet, but they will get used for sure.


I also found this super cute ring! Made to look like a typewriter key, it has my initial 'T' on it. I'm a sucker for things with my initials and I love old typewriters so this seemed perfect. I even have a matching typewriter key necklace that I got as a gift from my friend, Tarah. Oh yea, and did I mention that the ring was only $9!? 


There was way more that I could have bought, but I'm sort of on a 'budget' right now. I think I did pretty good considering I only spent $24!

If you live in the area, you need to check out The Vintage Shoppes! If you aren't in the area, I feel bad for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment